Friday, June 27, 2008
Books - Friday Five
RevGalBlogPals has a reading meme this week:
1) Do you think of summer as a particularly good season for reading? Why or why not?
Not so much - long summer days full of light and outside activities don't leave much time for reading. Winter with its short days and a nice fire are better for reading. Mostly I "read" while driving to church on Sunday - books on CD or tape -- 2 hours there and 2 hours back give lots of time for a book. Harry Potter was great on CD as was the Philip Pullman series.
2) Have you ever fallen asleep reading on the beach?
Not since I got a terrible sunburn doing that!
3) Can you recall a favorite childhood book read in the summertime?
I loved reading as a child - Anne of Green Gables, all sorts of book series, mostly I hated it that our library had books divided into "boys books" and "girls books" - it was always a challenge to me to take a book off the boys shelf and check it out.
4) Do you have a favorite genre for light or relaxing reading?
Mysteries, mysteries, mysteries! Reading a new Marcia Muller now (on tape!)
5) What is the next book on your reading list?
Whatever I can find for my flight to Nashville - probably a mystery. I have a bunch of "serious" reading to do but they sit in piles around the house. I do want to read the Manga Bible though - it is in my bag to take along..