Friday, August 08, 2008

Summertime




I should be sermon-ating but instead I am procrastinating by playing the Friday Five from RevGalBlogPals.

1. What is your sweetest summer memory from childhood? Did it involve watermelon or hand cranked ice cream? Or perhaps a teen summer romance. Which stands out for you?

Lying on the grass with my brothers at night in front of our house in the Irvington neighborhood of Portland. (think Beverly Cleary books) In those days, before light and other pollution, we could see the stars of summer. I felt like I could fall off the earth into the universe.

2. Describe your all time favorite piece of summer clothing. The one thing you could put on in the summer that would seem to insure a cooler, more excellent day.

Shorts and a white T shirt are my favorite summer wear. I would wear them under my alb if I did not have to take it off for coffee hour!!


3. What summer food fills your mouth with delight and whose flavor stays happily with you long after eaten?

Raspberries

4. Tell us about the summer vacation or holiday that holds your dearest memory.

Taking our kids to the Oregon coast every summer with no TV, days on the beach making sand castles, and jumping the waves.

5. Have you had any experience(s) this summer that has drawn you closer to God or perhaps shown you His wonder in a new way?

Writing essays for Episcopal Cafe, especially ones that are more reflective about life in Wyoming or hanging out with our grandchildren. I have one today (Friday) about a recent week with our nine year old grandson. Shameless self promotion!!

Bonus question: When it is really hot, humid and uncomfortable, what do you do to refresh and renew body and spirit?

It is so rarely humid in Wyoming unless a rainstorm blows in for a few moments, but if I were in Oregon - I would go to the coast where when it gets hot and humid inland, it gets foggy and cool at the beach - and I am headed there in a week!!

5 comments:

Rev Honey said...

nice play, Ann. We do a yearly beach trip to Northern Michigan with our boys every year - nothing like it!

Presbyterian Gal said...

The Oregon coast is so pretty.

No TV sounds like a slice of heaven too!

Thanks for playing.

FranIAm said...

This is beautiful. I must run but will be over to the Cafe later to read your piece.

Processing Counselor said...

It sounds lovely. I loves those raspberries, too. We grew them in the back yard. I didn't know they came in red till I left home!

Lindy said...

Have a great time Ann. Have some nice Tillamook Cheese and a bottle of local wine!