Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

From Trinity Cathedral in Phoenix, AZ:



and from Episcopal Cafe:
Let us show forth the holiness of our creator, with our ashes, so people will know that we are a holy people - committed to God and followers of Jesus Christ. How might we do this? I suggest we move beyond chocolate to declare our own fast and feast ---

Fast from judgment, Feast on compassion
Fast from greed, Feast on sharing
Fast from scarcity, Feast on abundance
Fast from fear, Feast on peace
Fast from lies, Feast on truth
Fast from gossip, Feast on praise
Fast from anxiety, Feast on patience
Fast from evil, Feast on kindness
Fast from apathy, Feast on engagement
Fast from discontent, Feast on gratitude
Fast from noise, Feast on silence
Fast from discouragement, Feast on hope
Fast from hatred, Feast on love
What will be your fast? What will be your feast?

1 comment:

Edi said...

Last spring, as I juggled the question of continuing my membership in one Episcopalian congreation or beginning another in another, I read your blog on Episcopal Cafe...and was moved.

Now I am part of an EFM group with you, quite not by design, and I am grateful and honored. I didn't confirm that until tonight, but I am convinced again that we are all on the road together..if we just pick up our eyes and notice.

Edi