Friday, April 29, 2011

The Wedding

Of course I got up at o'dark thirty to see it all. It was fun and silly and grand - and reminds me of why I love being an Anglican/Episcopalian. Here is the whole service for your watching pleasure. Wedding sermons are notoriously hard to preach - what to say that has not been said? This one is just right and the quote from Catherine of Sienna - good for all our days. The prayers at the end were written by the bride and groom.
God our Father, we thank you for our families; for the love that we share and for the joy of our marriage.
In the busyness of each day keep our eyes fixed on what is real and important in life and help us to be generous with our time and love and energy. Strengthened by our union help us to serve and comfort those who suffer. We ask this in the Spirit of Jesus Christ. (Copyright of St James's Palace) Amen.


The Rutter piece commissioned for this was lovely. Hope you enjoyed the day -- may all of us live in hope always.

"You are rewarded not according to your work or your time but according to the measure of your love."~Catherine of Sienna

3 comments:

SUSAN RUSSELL said...

Well said!

Grandmère Mimi said...

The prayer is beautiful.

I missed the first part of the sermon because the phone rang, and I had to turn down the sound, but I will catch it later.

kitty said...

The "Guid Me, O Thou Great Redeemer" gave my goosebumps goosebumps. Of course, so did "Jerusalem" and the Parry "I was Glad."

Today I feel like I started out by going to church. Not a bad way to begin the day, albeit awfully early.....