Wednesday, October 04, 2017

Lung update October 4

If interested- here is my health update

I saw my new pulmonologist - feel like he is paying attention. Not a fan of steroids which I am happy about. The 2 weeks of 40mg and then nothing left me with chills and fevers for a couple of weeks. Now that is out of my system. My primary care person is watching me closely and put me on oxygen full time --  any activity sends the numbers of my blood oxygen ratio down in the 70% range. Sitting around I am over 95%. So no marathon running for me.  Hopefully I am in a plateau for awhile -- though the prognosis is not that great for IPF - even with the delaying meds I am on. 

The oxygen gives the good parts of my lungs more support as well as the parts that are showing lots of deterioration The rest of me is in great shape. All my other organs are happier with more oxygen.  So sitting around I feel "normal." I have a portable concentrator so have more freedom though not for too much exertion. 

I have the oxygen tanks if the power goes out.

So I can do internet stuff - like my online classes and edit the Speaking to the Soul department of the Episcopal Café. Happy to be watching the playoffs and World Series - not sure what I will do for TV after that. Maybe read a book -- what a concept!

I am reading Year One in EfM -- which is the Hebrew Scriptures.  I find those books endlessly fascinating. I am reading Robert Alter translation along with our regular assignments. We have 3 mentors so we share the leadership and reading.

Since I can't go out much - friends have been bringing lunch and visiting-- which is lovely.

Anyway - I am content. 

3 comments:

Georgia DuBose said...

Thanks, Ann. This clarifies the situation, and is good news for those who love you. Hope to see you again October 15, and you must kick us out if we stay too long. We enjoyed our conversation with you so much. Good wishes for you and Jim.

Ann said...

Thanks Georgia -- look forward to the visit.

Barbi Click said...

Well, personally, I am very glad your time on the internet is not limited!
When we get back to the PNW, I will give you a heads up. Meanwhile, prayers for those oxygen levels. Love always