Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just COPY (NOT FORWARD) this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you. Tis the Season to be NICE!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Bags because I am a terrific gift wrapper but lazy and procrastinate to the last minute.
2. Real tree or artificial? Real - we cut our own in the Shoshone National Forest a few minutes from home.
3. When do you put up your tree? Whenever - but never take it down until Epiphany - Jan 6.
5. Do you like eggnog? YUCK - artery clogging glop that sticks to your mouth.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? a bike
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes- made by Barbara Hughes plus a bunch of odd ones I have collected.
8. Hardest person to buy for? everyone I know.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Our grandson, Lander - he is only 6 months old
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? more doll clothes when I wanted a mitt and cowboy boots.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? both
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story --- Jean Shepherd - just like our childhood!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Argghh is it time to shop??
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I will never tell!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Norwegian Rommegrot
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored! Flashing!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Angels we have heard on high -- but most all carols and the opera - Amahl and the Night Visitors
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Going to the Oregon Coast with all the kids and grands following Midnight mass at Rock Springs, WY
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yep!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning (only heretics open presents on Christmas eve!! unless you are a child and can't wait)
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? staving off the memories of childhood
23. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? Theme - never -- we hang ornaments from all the eras of our lives - handmade ornaments from the kids when they were in pre-school -- fading glass balls from the "dime" store -- bits and pieces from all over. NO tinsel!!!
Posted by Ann at 11:21 AM