Thursday, October 02, 2014

Not such good news: lung update #2

Well-- discovered that I am part of the few who can't take pirfenidone. 3 in a thousand have a liver reaction-- so that is what my blood tests showed today. A disappointing development as currently it is the only drug that stops the progression of the fibrosis.  Taking it in for now - see my pulmonologist in a couple of weeks to hear from him. My brother and mother had it and lived a long time and died of something else - so will think on that prognosis rather than worse things. Definitely puts life in the "live for the present moment" category.  Prayers appreciated. But refer to the post on why I might not be talking a lot about it. (2 back).  Thanks for the support - I can feel that.

16 comments:

June Butler said...

Prayers and good wishes for a long life anyway, like your mother and brother. Carpe diem!

Christina Brennan Lee said...

Just here. Just sayin'.

kitty said...

Prayers going up.

SCG said...

Prayers for you, Ann.

JCF said...

Yet More Prayers.

Barbara W. Gray said...

Since they have recently found lung cancer drugs that work, have they tried any of them on your condition? Every body is a laboratory..praying for your match.

Liz Zivanov+ said...

Prayers and long distance presence...

Laurie Atwater said...

Holding you up every day, Ann. You are SO on the list!

Elizabeth Kaeton said...

Storming heaven for you, my dear.

Amy said...

Oh, Ann. Prayers for you and yours, your mds and nurses, and so much thanksgiving for the difference you have made in my life; and through me to my efmmers... Blessings of God's uncompromising, unending, and unfathomable love!

Fr. Interim said...

Prayers continuing.

Erika Baker said...

Praying. For all that you need right now.

liturgy said...

In my thoughts & prayers.

Bosco
www.liturgy.co.nz

Ann said...

Thanks everyone for the prayers, I feel very supported by them. Good part in the moment is that I feel so much better without the meds. I was willing to feel low level sick if it was working - but had not realized how lovely it is to feel well again. I now long term there will be other things but for now I am back to speed energy wise, etc.

Leonardo Ricardo said...

Prayers for your continued strength and peace of mind.

Jane R said...

Prayers and long distance hugs for you.